Tuesday, April 9, 2013

No time on my hands


 
 
I just need a little more time. Just a little more. I don’t mean to be greedy about it. I know I should be grateful for the time the good Lord allows me.  That being said, I just need a little more.

There are people, friends of mine, people whose face book pages I follow, and even family members who always seem to be doing something. From the outside looking in, their life looks like a three ring circus. I AM NOT one of those people. I always wonder how they do it. Most days I feel like I’m lucky to get to work and back and maybe a bite or two before bedtime...only to start it all over again the next day. 

So it is by complete surprise that I find myself in the middle of one of those circuses. I’m not sure how I did it.  I was gliding right along, doing my daily thing. I don’t look for things to keep me busy. I really don’t.  I am a happily un-busy person. So I’m crusin’ and then BAM! I have a 24 hour day to complete 30 hours worth of tasks.
What is that all about?

On a whim and a prayer, I decided to start a business. That has kept be pleasantly busy, not too much, just enough really.  Somewhere along the way I had the brilliant idea to make scrap books out of  recycledjeans. The prototype was awesome, and I hope to get 2 in the booth this weekend.   
I can do this!

Last week I found out about a craft fair. Why not? A Craft fair means more exposure for my little business. Ok, let’s jump on it. So I did. I’m trying to build up enough product to stock my booth at the shop and my booth at the craft fair.  I figure 2 dozen scrap book pages at each location ought to do it. And I’d really like to take 2 of the denim books to this craft fair.
I should be able to do this!

Then a friend suggested that along with my scrapbook pages, I should sell my bandanas too. You see, I made several  Rosie the Riveter bandanas (scarves) recently for a friend who was preparing for brain surgery. I like to rock a fun Rosie the Riveter bandana from time to time myself. So, sure I can whip up a couple dozen scarves for the craft fair. That should be plenty.
Sure hope I can do this.

Then I find out my friend, the one who recently had brain surgery, is having a slower than expected recovery. And now she needs help with expenses. She has no idea when she might be able to return to work, and her paid leave has run out. So, of course, I  put my brain to work and remembered how much  she loved the scarves. Ok, I’ll make some scarves and sell them to the girls at work to raise money. It worked, I took in 12 orders the first day.  
How am I ever going to do this?

So, 2 dozen new scrap book pages, 4 denim scrap book albums, 3 dozen bandanas. 3 days. Oh Boy! What am I going to do? I wish I could delegate, but I'm a right brained- creative -control freak and I just can't delegate this. So I'll Pray. Simply Pray for more time. There is no doubt in my mind that I can do all of these things, if only I had more time.  
I will do this!!!
 
PS. If I can find the time, I'll post a picture of the Bug rocking her Rosie the Riveter bandana!

No comments:

Post a Comment