Saturday, April 6, 2013

Following a Dream

About a month ago I decided to finally get off my duff and do something productive with R-Bug. A local shop advertised that they had a booth open, and I started thinking… What would I do with a booth if I had one? What is my passion? What can I do in my spare time that brings me joy and with enough luck and know-how might turn into a retirement plan too?
 
I pondered and prayed. Then I told Mr. Bug what I was thinking. I was about half hoping he would talk me out of the whole thing. But no, being the ever supportive hubby that he is, he said This is a no-brainer, what are you waiting for?”
 
With that ringing endorsement, I called one of my dearest friends. That friend seconded hubby’s thoughts on the matter so I signed a contract for the booth rental and I was off and running.
 
What is my passion you ask? My passion is now, and for a very long time, has been scrapbooking. I was doing it way before it was cool or marketable. My first scrap book consisted of a 3 ring binder full of old school papers. I dumped all of the school work out, and then punched holes in construction paper. Throughout the school year, I glued, taped, and stapled prized school papers, Valentines, Christmas cards, and even ribbon from birthday presents. I added a monogrammed napkin from a wedding I attended with my parents and the  invitation from a Daddy-Daughter Dinner that I attended with my (now late) daddy.  That was way back in the forth grade.
 
Fast forward a few decades, and now I’m launching a dream that began brewing all those years ago. My game plan for now is to sell custom pre-made scrapbook layouts. My mission is to make scrapbook easy for everyone. And if that isn’t easy enough, I also make entire albums for those who just don’t have the time to do it themselves. Please follow along as I walk this walk.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment